Thursday 12 January 2012

V&A- House of Annie Lennox & Post Modernism

We went to the house of Annie Lennox that was being held in the V&A and also went and saw the Post modernism exhibit.
The Annie Lennox room had some of her costumes and accessories in, these were interesting to see although they couldn’t be seen well, which made the silhouette’s more interesting and was very inspiring, and made me look at the silhouette’s. This has now fed into my work as I am looking more at the silhouette rather than the overall design and is allowing me to find unique and different silhouette’s which may help to make my work more couture which is something I want to do in my laser cutting project as we have been told to focus mainly on lines which would be made more interesting by silhouettes of the overall garments.

The post modernism room had many pieces of art work in and some costumers by various designers as well. The photographs and films were most interesting for me as they had different opinions and debated on post modernism which was interesting in itself. Meanwhile some of the stuff interested many of it did not, some of the pop art type colours and shapes did but meanwhile the films and photographs were interesting I cannot see how they will feed into my work directly but have given me something interesting to look at.