Monday 16 January 2012

Organising workbook

Today I showed Ann my work book; I had done 2 pages of Pierre Hardy’s shoes and had also gotten some items off of WGSN.
Ann said that it would have been better to organise my research on his work, by collections and the years they were done as well as by gender, as I had tried to put them all onto 2 spaces and to not mix them together. Since it is only 2 pages that I have done, I will re-do these pages so that I can get higher marks and so that they can make more sense when read, as she has explained that I would find it easier to see how they have evolved with the trends and also so that I don’t work from shoes that are really old and out of date.
Ann also mentioned that I had found all of the WGSN trends, but had started to work with the trends instead of building on them, I have therefore removed the unnecessary men’s footwear trends that I found and have started to build on the footwear trends by finding colours and materials which will be popular and have also looked into Olympian architecture to influence my designs.