Monday 23 January 2012

Comment Review

Again I showed my book and it is still not quite as organised as it needs to be. I was advised to look more carefully and make sure that work relates, and to rather leave a gap than to try and make sure pages are full, as I sometimes put things together which don't really match up. I also need to annotate my book a lot more since I can easily explain my book and idea's however my book doesn't relate to what I am trying to say. My pages need to also look more beautiful. It was pointed out however that it was good that I had picked up on artists which is something my designer, Pierre Hardy bases his work on.
In order to make my book better I have started to find out P. Hardy's S/S collections and to group them as so and have started new cover pages to showcase his work since the previous one was difficult to work with and have also started to write out annotations and am adding in pages to make my work more cohesive and less jumpy so that others can see why and how I have gotten things in my book, such as other artists which might inspire P. Hardy. I have also re-done my Trends page so that the colour trend and main trend relate, instead of having colour trend and material trend which didn't really relate in colour or theme. I think this was a good thing to do as I want a 2.1 and feel that by taking on board the advice and by making notes that I can later go back and change things which is also starting to help me to move forward further since I can now see information more clearly and am beginning to be more inspired by the unit which I was previously struggling with.