Sunday 29 January 2012

The British Museum













I went to the British Museum as for my shoe project we were given the task of incorporating the Olympics somehow. When I started to look I found some shapes that I really liked and focused on the shapes that were used at that time, as they fitted into Pierre Hardy's work more as he used more geometric shapes just like the Ancient Greeks did. I took pictures in the Ancient Greek exhibit at The British Museum to try to find more uncommon shapes that they used apart from the common ones that are on the internet.  This means that now when I start to design my shoes I can make my shoe design a little different as I will have different images to work from than other people as well as different shapes so that there are the normal shapes that are thought of when you think about Ancient Greece, but also some different ones which will surprise people and make the shoe look more modern.
I then went to "Browns Focus" so that I could do some research on Pierre Hardy and find out who he was sold along side? Which is Opening Ceremony and to who the customers might be, which are the younger customers and people who like more "alternative" fashion. These customers also want the products that come from designers who's work instantly turns into "must-have items"and are forward-thinking in fashion.