Thursday 29 March 2012

Short and Long Term Goals

Short Term Goals.
My short term goals are to create a portfolio that I can take for interviews for an interview for a placement, and to improve my work and very it more so that I can have contrasting pieces. I also want to get better at garment construction since I want to make my own collection in 3rd year. I also need to save up to be able to afford my 3rd year collection so I am hoping to get paid placements. I also aim to do 2 visual merchandising placements in the summer holidays with the 2 companies that I work for and to try buying next year as well as interview for Topshop hopefully.

Long Term Goals.
In the long term I wish to have 2 portfolios that I can take to interview since companies are very different and can want different things i.e. M&S and All Saints are very different. I would also want to work in a designer house or a luxury high street company such as All Saints doing design or possibly buying. I would in the very long term like to own my own clothing company or possibly branch out into jewellery as well which I am also interested in.