Wednesday 21 March 2012

Final Design + Toile

My final Design - A Volumous cape!
I have finally chosen my final design for my laser cut project and have decided to do a simple cape that is based on texture, monochrome and volume. I will be creating the texture and volume by using hundreds of laser cut petals and by layering them so that they create volume but so that the small details can still be seen.
I have done a paper version since we are only toiling in white so that I can see how the colours will react together and have started to consider ways that I can start to layer them so that they look more interesting, in my book. I have also today done my Toile and have shown Angela who liked it but said that because of the time restraints that I should make the petals more spaced out and bigger so that I will finish by the deadline without stress since everyone will be trying to get on the single spot welder.
My Lasercut petals, although will be in black and white.

My sonic welded ties for my cape.
The skills gained in this project will help me to be more employable since it means that I am able to use the new technology that businesses will have and i have also managed to improve my skills on the lasercutter as well as in illustrator since I needed to use illustrator to do my petal designs which will help me in the future when I use illustrator.