Monday 12 March 2012

Final Design for Shoes

Today I showed my designs that I had worked over the weekend on to Kieran. She particularly liked my wedge sandals and how colourful they were however I decided not to make any of them since I couldn't make the wedge heel before the project hand in and so thought that it took away from many of the designs. She however liked 2 of my flat sandal designs and said that I should mix the 2 together since I liked the big metal disk from one but liked the overall design of the one below. I therefore have been working to mix the 2 together. I think this has helped me because I have vastly improved in Photoshop which is what I designed most of the shoes in and have found it to be a great help and can see why Photoshop/Illustrator/In-Design have become so popular in the industry since you can easily take bits that you like from other shoes and make an entirely new shoe that is much better than the originals so easily.

For the shoebox section I have been on WGSN and started to look at packaging trends,materials,structure and print patterns. This will help me to create a fashion forward shoe box that is on trend, I have also tried to improve on my presentation with these new pages by laying them neatly out in word and then being just able to print them out which has made the pages look a lot neater since the pictures are all straight etc. and well presented.