Thursday 10 November 2011

By the end of the year goals....

By the end of the year, I want to have improved many of my skills so that I can score higher in the second year and won’t need to practice them as much and also because I’d like to do a year out in Milan and don’t want to come back from a year out and have poor skills because I’ve not sewn as much and done it regularly, I’d like to be able to do a dart at a good standard even if I haven’t practiced it once a term.
I will improve my garment construction skills by making some extra garments at home as well as improving my samples. This will help me improve my designs and final items as I will be more confident in my skills so my designs can become more complex and simple final items will improve because they’re quality  will be better which I learned from the future labs seminar that consumers will be looking for in the future.
I want to improve my mood boards and final design boards as I struggled to do them in the clothes show project and feel that I worried more about the boards than my actual designs and got distracted.
I also want to expand my knowledge of fabrics as I saw many new fabrics I hadn’t seen before when we went to London to look for samples. I am going to do this by fully completing my “fabric glossary” and trying to find rarer one as well since I think it would greatly widen my design capabilities.