Thursday 9 February 2012

Comments + Reflection

I started doing a few patterns for my lasercut excercise last week and she really liked the bold one with the patterned petals in and told me to try inversing some of my patterns and to play about with the shapes.
Kat also told me to try and put my second print, the leaf veins in with the other pattern to see how it would look as well as to scan the shapes into photoshop so that I could play around with them there for when I got my patterns that I may want to mix about together and so that I could convert them into a file I could use on the laser cutter. 
We also had the second idea to create movement that I would cut out tiny petals in black and white and use them to create layers and to tack them onto the other 2 patterns to make the pattern seem more 3D.
She also told me to do more drawings still, so I have looked for some flowers with more patterns that I could use since these seem to make the best effect that I like and so am looking for more patterned flowers.
I will be doing all of these things so that I can move forward and experiment a lot more with the idea of tacking things on, since it will give great movement and will be incredibly interesting. The drawing will help me create new patterns or add to my existing pattern and inverting the patterns I do have and mixing them together will give me new interesting patterns which could look very nice together or may look too busy.